Nominations Open For 2008 NASCIO Recognition Awards for Outstanding Achievement in IT
For the 20th consecutive year, the National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO) will honor outstanding information technology achievements in the public sector through its Recognition Awards for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Information Technology.
Successfully completed information technology initiatives in state government deserve to be highlighted and shared in order to promote innovation, foster better government and engage citizens. Emphasis is placed on recognizing those information technology initiatives that exemplify best practices, support the public policy goals of state leaders, assist government officials to innovatively execute their duties and provide cost-effective service to citizens.
Awards will be given in the following 10 categories:
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery;
- Cross-Boundary Collaboration and Partnerships;
- Data, Information and Knowledge Management;
- Digital Government: Government-to-Business (G-to-B);
- Digital Government: Government-to-Citizen (G-to-C);
- Digital Government: Government-to-Government (G-to-G);
- Enterprise IT Management Initiatives;
- Information Communications Technology (ICT) Innovations;
- Information Security and Privacy; and
- IT Project and Portfolio Management.
Additional information about the categories may be found on NASCIO's Web site.
Only one nomination per category is accepted from each state, so state agencies and corporate partners that would like to nominate a Kentucky project should work with the Commonwealth Office of Technology (COT) to coordinate submission. Initial nominations should be submitted to COT by May 16, 2008 in order to ensure no duplicates are submitted to NASCIO. Final nominations must be submitted to NASCIO in electronic form and must be received no later than June 3, 2008. The winning submissions will be selected by NASCIO over the summer and will be announced in the fall.
For more information, contact Brian E. Kiser, executive director of COT's Office of Enterprise Policy and Project Management, at 502-564-1635, or visit http://www.nascio.org/awards/.